Cynthia St. Charles Store

Friday, March 23, 2012

Binding Questions for Hedgerow Quilt

Here is the black thread quilted Hedgerow piece - trimmed.
I am contemplating a different approach for the binding. . . .


Considering binding it in red, so to try the look - I have hung it on my design wall with red fabric behind it.

I'm not crazy about the red, so I decide to bind it with a matching hand dyed fabric, which I will print to match the quilt.
Above is the quilt with the unprinted binding fused in place.
Below, it is shown finished with the binding printed to match the quilt.

Now, to stitch the fused and hand printed binding with black thread.

1 comment:

Dahn said...

I say this all the time, but this is just beautiful. And I think you made the right choice with this binding. Those flowers are gorgeous (my favourite is the iris)...

You have such a good eye. I want to be you when I grow up (I'm 48).