Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Blue Scraps - What to do with them?

I have been rummaging in my UFO ( Un Finished ) drawer and I pulled out this randomly pieced scrap quilt.  I think I put this together about 5 years ago from a lot of hand dyed scraps leftover from other projects.  At times, I have pieced together piles of scraps to make quilted handbags - and they have been popular sellers, but they are not very profitable - they end up being pretty much a give away.  Handbags take quite a bit of time to construct and a lot of materials - lining, batting, zippers, etc. - yet they don't go for much (really cannot compete with all those imports from third world countries).

I remember this large piece from that era.  I remember the fabrics  in it - and what I used them for! 

It measures about 40 x 26".  I have it on the design wall for pondering.  I am going to do something with it, but I don't know what, yet.  I expect I will be printing on it!

No comments: