Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hedgerow #2 Stitched Binding - Finished!


Here are some details showing how I printed and quilted the fused binding after it was fused in place. I really love the way this looks.




Here is the finished piece - which I am calling Hedgerow #2.

As I have finished this piece, I have wondered if I made a mistake with the quilting. I used threads slightly darker than the print. Now I wonder if it would have been more successful if I had used black thread. . . .?
I will make another Hedgerow and will quilt it with black thread to see which is more interesting.

2 comments:

Virginia Crandall said...

I absolutely love yor new works, Cynthia. You really are perfecting the techniques, because each piece gets better and better. Thanks for sharing.

Dahn said...

lOVE IT,LOVE IT! Such soft colours too. The binding makes the piece.