Cynthia St. Charles Store

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Winter Walk #2 Printed

 For Winter Walk #2, I have pulled out all my pale yellow-green-beige hand dyes and have cut them up to create the collage I want for the background.  These have been overprinted with screen printing of handwriting from both my maternal and paternal grandmothers.  This time - I added some of my own, too.  The screen printing has been overprinted with block printing.

 I have an invitational show coming up - and the size requirement is 24" wide x 60" high.  I figure I may as well try doing this next piece in the series in this size.  Here is  the whole thing (below):
It has already been layered with the batting and backing - I did that part when I stitched the raw edge collage together.  Now I am looking at it on my design wall and thinking about what to do next.

No comments: