Cynthia St. Charles Store

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Revisiting Old Work


Searching for a project to launch me into a winter studio routine, I have decided to attack a pile of unfinished fabric collages that I began two years ago.  They have been piled on one of my favorite silk chairs for a long time and it is time to do something with them.  I really cannot remember what I planned for this collage.  It measures about 50 wide x 30 high.   Or I guess it could be vertical.  I know I was working with scraps at the time and that accounts for the random colors and sizes, which I find interesting.  These fabrics are all put down with raw edges exposed, then a free motion zig zag stitch was used around the edges to tack down the raw edges and tie everything together.  

I have several pieces at this stage of development.  The zig zag edge work was done through batting and backing, so they are already well over half done!  I am pondering my next step with this piece.  It is going to be some kind of printing.....Stay tuned.

No comments: