Cynthia St. Charles Store

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Salvaging the Sunset

 Here is another picture of my Earth Stories piece (work in progress) that was scrapped just a few weeks before the deadline.  I thought I would try to salvage it in parts.  My main problem with this piece was the size, shape and composition - which combined with my loud color scheme was just too obnoxious, I felt.  But I love parts of it......I really love the way the fossil collage turned out.  I also like the sunset fabric collage.....just not a whole 75" of it. 

I decided to strategically begin cutting it up and below is my first attempt and reviving this piece in parts.  I cut off about 28" on the right side of the piece.  Then, I removed the fossil collage from the bottom and replaced it with more of the sunset fabric.  I need a piece for an upcoming challenge and it must be 24" wide x 60" tall.  I wanted to obscure the gold printed text, so I block printed over the whole thing.
At this point, I hope it looks like sky and water........