Cynthia St. Charles Store

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Lunch Table

I wanted to add a little table for eating lunch or sitting with my laptop.  The furniture is all scavenged from other places.   Most of it stored in my husband's shop.  I love the size and shape of this long narrow table.  It is perfect here with this old captain's chair.  The entryway on the far left of the picture is the passage into the wet studio / kitchen area (which is still a work in progress - trying to get organized in there and figure out how it needs to be set up).
This piece, "Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire" is heavily beaded.  I made it 2004 - 2006 (took a long time to bead) I just love sitting at this table looking at the intricacies of the beading.  I would / could never do that kind of work now.  I have to wear reading glasses!  I don't do much hand sewing any more as it is such a strain on the eyes and also - my hands hurt!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thank you for sharing your new studio. It is amazing!