Cynthia St. Charles Store

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Ottoman Made By Me

 I wanted just the right thing for putting up my achy feet,  so I built my own pair of ottomans.  The bases are made of 2 x 4s.  Painted.  The tops are framed of 2 x 4s and covered in plywood, then foam and batting - wrapped in fabric.  Then a hand painted cotton fabric - I did this fabric years ago - Setacolor paints dripped onto cotton broadcloth.  Had just enough fabric stashed away for these two ottomans.  Barely.  So pleased with them.  They measure 22 x 22 x 16".  Super soft and cushy.  I found ideas for their construction online and adapted to my desires.  I even found the instructions for the painting process for the legs and base (rubbing vaseline on the edges of the undercoating so the top layers of paint would rub away easily.)

1 comment:

CrystalDyes said...

Way too cute! So easy to make. I've made a number of pieces of furniture for my home that would have cost hundreds of dollars to buy. Spent less than $50 to make a bookcase headboard for a king bed. Couldn't find one I could afford.