I rummaged around in my drawers looking for something to coordinate with the "silver" quilted background. This particular piece was hand dyed pink and screen printed with leaf fossils. I wasn't happy with the color, so I overpainted it with red. I thought it went well with the silver, so I decided to do some simple machine quilting.
I thought it needed some chickadees and in the image above I am auditioning some hand dyed specialty threads for embellishment. I decided to use the stitch the same thread to the trimmed edge of the piece to finish it off.
I am really pleased with my first "Foot Square" and am really excited about this idea1