Cynthia St. Charles Store

Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Foot Square - Chickadees



I rummaged around in my drawers looking for something to coordinate with the "silver" quilted background. This particular piece was hand dyed pink and screen printed with leaf fossils. I wasn't happy with the color, so I overpainted it with red. I thought it went well with the silver, so I decided to do some simple machine quilting.

I thought it needed some chickadees and in the image above I am auditioning some hand dyed specialty threads for embellishment. I decided to use the stitch the same thread to the trimmed edge of the piece to finish it off.
I am really pleased with my first "Foot Square" and am really excited about this idea1

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

Beautiful! I like looking at this piece.

Laurie @ ... And In My Spare Time I Quilt said...

It's charming!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

I'm in love with your chickadees, and I like the contrast of the stamped red background against the painted one, but I rally like how the color 'peeps' from under the paint, too! Lovely and fun!

Anonymous said...

I love your artwork!!!
Seen over the free motion quiltchallenge.
Many greetings from Nuremberg