Cynthia St. Charles Store

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gelatin Plate Fern Print - 100 Foot Square

Here is the next piece in my 100 Foot Squares Series.  This is a gelatin plate print I did quite a few years ago from a fern I harvested in my sister's Portland yard.  Ferns this size don't grow here (at least not in my dry yard).   I placed the fern fronds inside a ziplock bag for the 900 mile drive back to Billings, then I put them in the refrigerator upon arriving home, and they kept for about a week until I was able to get a gelatin plate ready for printing.

Here is a link to a post I did when I printed the fabric.

The butterfly is a Thermofax screen print adapted from a photo I took on a Beartooth Mountain hike.  I print with black ink onto orange hand dyed fabric, then add the white dots later with a paintbrush.


No comments: