Cynthia St. Charles Store

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thread Auditions for Light in the Forest



This is how I audition threads for a quilt. I pull everything I think might work
and lay them all out on the quilt. I will pull out threads and lay them over the surface to see how they look. I gradually remove those that don't work.
I am sure I will be using a number of different threads on this piece.

I am celebrating the New Year with good friends who are coming over for brunch.
I wish all of you a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Happy New Year Cynthia! What a lovely vision of green deliciousness. Green - my favorite color - makes me happy. Looking at your quilt and all those threads - makes me happy.

Sue Dennis said...

Best wishes for the new year Cynthia. love the printing & the stitching will bring it up even more.