The Beaverhead County Courthouse was built in 1875. It was the first brick courthouse in Montana. Before it was built, two log cabins served as chambers for the First Territorial Legislature that met in 1864.
The front doors are weathered, but still functional.
By 1880, the railroad reached Dillon, and mining had declined. Dillon became the county seat in February 1881, and this building stood empty for nearly 10 years.
The hotel operated on and off until the 1940's.