Cynthia St. Charles Store

Thursday, February 7, 2008

On the Design Wall


Yesterday was one of the first full days I've had for working in the studio in a very long time. (maybe a year or so?). I had the opportunity to explore some projects and ideas that have been on hold for a very long time.

A couple of years ago, I worked through a series of ideas for cityscapes and villages. I've done several of them, but returned to one of my sketches yesterday and played around with my "windows" stamp on some nice primary colored hand dyes.

While digging through a drawer, I came across this quilt that was started maybe three years ago. I'd put it away because I wasn't really happy with it - and especially the bold black and white striped border. I decided to try stamping it with my "circles" stamp. I think it is now ready for some colorful threads and buttons!

No comments: